OAK BY AIRMAIL
Mint & Mirth gives the Airmail, a classic cocktail dating from the late ’40s, a Portland twist with syrup made from Bee Local honey smoked in white oak:
• 1 1/2 oz Calhoun Bros. rum
• 1/2 oz lime juice
• 1/2 oz white oak–smoked Bee Local honey syrup*
• 3 oz dry Champagne
• Edible gold leaf
*Smoked Honey Syrup
• 1/2 cup Bee Local White Oak Smoked Honey
• 1/2 cup water
1. Add the water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Add the honey and reduce to low heat; simmer for two minutes.
3. Remove from stove and let cool.
In a shaker, combine rum, lime juice, syrup, and ice, and shake until tin is frosty. Strain into a chilled flute and top with Champagne. To garnish, slightly dampen outside of glass and gently apply gold leaf.